Monday, December 31, 2012

Space Dream


It seems when I get my most memorable dreams they all come in one night.  I had three this last night and my featured dream occurred in space.  I have others that will follow but you’ll have to wait to see what they contain.

The dream fades in as four people are travelling through space in a small spacecraft.  The cabin space for the pilot is occupied by all the passengers as they gaze out toward the stars and a distant futuristic space station.  It’s very cramped and it’s a wonder nobody complains about elbows being lodged in one another’s bodies.  This is when I recognize, through first person of course, that I’m sitting in the back.  My wife is next to me on the left and we now account for half of the crew you could say.  The pilot is none other than Ripley, if you haven’t seen the Alien movies featuring Sigourney Weaver than I’m sorry but your imagination will need to work extra.  It’s her from the first movie back in 1979, with the longer hair.  I scan in front of me and notice a smaller female with dark hair but I can’t really make out who it is.  It was rather dark in the spacecraft.  There is one more life-form in the spacecraft and I recognize it immediately, it was Bishop.  I had an eerie feeling come across me at once, only imagining how that poor android gets ripped apart in the movies.  That’s when the event happened. 

The small spacecraft had a longer wingspan than I thought and it even had some firepower I didn’t know about until we had no choice but to fire at our incoming enemy.  How would we know that something drifting through space would be our enemy though?  As we neared the space station, which I’m certain we were going to dock at, four aliens in a horizontal pattern were floating toward us.  It’s a bit of a blur but I remember three booming sounds and three exploding aliens being the result.  Alas one alien remain and it was headed straight for us, alive and ready to attack.  I’m not sure these could be alive in space and the laws of a dream can alter anything.  It’s possible they were dead but floating through space.  As we all knew we had no more shots to fire upon the remaining alien which is a shame.  Bishop yelled out to ram the alien to finish it off however I didn’t like that idea at all.  Ripley went forward and crashed into it causing it to splatter all over the front window.  I guess in space it’s still possible to need washer fluid and wipers.  I wish it was as simple as that.

The window melted in, the acid blood spilled all over Ripley.  I fear she didn’t make but I have no memory of her after this moment.  One final alien breached the spacecraft and how we didn’t get sucked into space to our deaths is beyond me.  Remember dream worlds always differ.  The alien approached the small dark haired female then went for Bishop.  I knew it, even in my dream I knew.  My wife and I trapped with no escape watched on as the alien opened its mouth toward Bishop.  It wasn’t the standard you’re used to seeing in the movies though.  A dark tube raced down Bishops throat and convulsing occurred.  I don’t remember what happened after except waking up in the space station.

I could see into the small spacecraft that I arrived on.  Bishop laid out on it in a dire state.  Tests were being run on him by the workers of the station.  He appeared fine and could still talk and function.  He leaned up to look at me and noticed a wide spread gash showing his innards in his belly region.  He laughed that he may not be as well as he hoped.  It was somewhat disgusting.  The typical white colored insides with a creamy fluid spilling over his body was all I needed to look away.  I noticed the melted window in front but never again saw an alien.  This part of the dream fades away as I pick it up walking down a corridor with my wife.

I’m not sure how my mind created such a magnificent space station but it did.  It was massive with level after level of high tech machinery.  People were walking around everywhere; some were working while others seemed to be on leisure time.  My wife mentioned she wanted to stay here which she referred to be home to her.  I was amazed to learn this is where she grew up and lived before we apparently left or she herself left.  It’s possible we were returning here but from where?  Her dad worked here as she stated but we never saw him.  We were heading to be scanned for infection of our encounter with the alien.  We arrived at a public area with an indoor park that had grass and a playground.  Across from that not too far off was the scanning area where I noticed someone already being treated.  The man was naked and almost hovering over a table.  Green line like lasers scan him over and over penetrating deep within his body.  We could simply watch from a short distance in public eye, even people from the park could clearly view it although nobody did.  In this place a naked man by a park with kids being scanned with lasers didn’t seem wrong in anyway.  Upon closer viewing I recognized this man, it was Scott Bakula.

If you don’t remember Mr. Bakula then try to recall one of the old shows, Quantum Leap or one of the Star Trek series.  I liked Quantum Leap growing up and perhaps that’s how he showed up, naked, why naked?  Anyway on a holographic representation of his body which displayed in mid air off to one side you could clearly see no signs of infection.  I’m assuming they were scanning for the little alien babies that grow inside of the body.  He had a clean bill of health except that half of his butt was gone.  I have no idea how that happened but they healed it using the method of creating the Fifth Element.  The movie with Milla Jovovich, why couldn’t she have showed up naked, no I get Scott Bakula.  As I watched each slice of his butt get put back into place with precise quick movements by the small robotic arms the dream ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment